Configuraing Multi User
Note: Multi User will not work with the free trial version.
This guide presumes the following
- The operator has an understanding of SQL Server.
- The SQL Server is setup to receive remote connections.
- The appropriate security rights have been or will be configured on the SQL server to allow oneFlow™ connections.
Step 1 - Preparing the database
- Create a new company as per usual inside oneFlow if starting a new company. Skip this step if you are configuring an existing company.
- If required copy the .mdf file create to the SQL Server.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- Attach the mdf file to the server taking note of the database name you chose.
Step 2 - Create a shortcut
- Right click on the windows desktop and select new / create a shortcut.
- Browse to the oneFlow.exe file. Typically in C:\program files (x86)\Software Development Pty Ltd\oneFlow
- Before selecting ok add after the closing quotes the connection string to the SQL Server including the database name. EG: "Data Source=localhost\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=oneFlow;Integrated Security=True"
- The full location should look similar to this
- "C:\Program Files (x86)\Software Development Pty Ltd\oneFlow\oneFlow.exe" "Data Source=localhost\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=oneFlow;Integrated Security=True"
- Hit next and enter a name for the shortcut. EG: oneFlow - CompanyName
- Select Finish
Step 3 - Add additional workstations
- Repeat Step 2 for each additional computer.
Step 4 - Add additional companies
- Repeat from Step 1 for additional companies.